Navigate to the Create Ads tab and select to create a Mobile App ad. In the Mobile app pop-up you can fill-out your ad preferences.
1. Select your objective. Please note that when selecting 'Mobile App Engagement' you'll be able to enter a deep link.
2. In the drop down you can select what app you want to promote. When you have selected an app you will see the destination URL below.
3. Select the call to action button you prefer.
4. Select the Page that will be the sender of the ad. If you want to create a Page for your App you can do that from the App Details page on Facebook. The Page name will not be visible for Mobile App Install ads.
5. Enter the app message, you can enter multiple messages if you want to create ad variations. Limit your messages to 90 characters to make sure your message is not truncated.
6. Add images to your ad. The recommended size is 1200×627 px with an image aspect ratio of 1.91:1. If the uploaded image is smaller than 1200×627 px, then it will render as 100×100 px. Please note that Ads in News Feed may not include images comprised of more than 20% text.
7. Decide where on Facebook you want your ads to be shown. Mobile App install ads could only be shown on Mobile devices.
8. Click Create to see your ads.
At the moment you can not save your App ad creatives as templates, only create them. We are working on a template functionality for this ad format as well and it will be released shortly.