Navigate to the Create Ads tab and select to create a Desktop App ad.In the Desktop App pop-up you can fill-out your ad preferences.
1. Select to create a Desktop App Install ad.
2. In the drop down you can select what app you want to promote. When you have selected an app you will see the destination URL below.
3. Select the call to action button you prefer.
4. Select the Page that will be the sender of the ad. If you want to create a Page for your App you can do that from the App Details page on Facebook.
5. Enter the app message, you can enter multiple messages if you want to create ad variations. Limit your messages to 90 characters to make sure your message is not truncated.
6. Add images to your ad. The recommended size is 1200×627 px with an image aspect ratio of 1.91:1. If the uploaded image is smaller than 470×246 px px, then it will render as 100×100 px. Please note that Ads in News Feed may not include images comprised of more than 20% text.
7. Decide where on Facebook you want your ads to be shown. For Desktop App ads the default setting is Desktop news feed and Desktop right-hand column.
8. Click Create to see your ads.
At the moment you can not save your App ad creatives as templates, only create them. We are working on a template functionality for this ad format as well and it will be released shortly.
Desktop App Install ads that are placed in the news feed will look like this when they are published to Facebook:
Desktop App Install ads that are placed in the right hand column will look like this when they are published to Facebook: